* DEUTSCHE TELEKOM: Germany’s largest Telefone company is evaluating options for an exit from the U.K. as it seeks to raise cash after failing to sell its T-Mobile USA unit, people with knowledge of the matter said. (BBG)
* TELEFONICA: The Spanish company reaches an agreement with Bertelsmann and Planeta to face Amazon in the electronic books business and penetrate its market. (Expansión)
* XSTRATA: The world’s largest exporter of thermal coal is seeking a waiver on terms of a $6 billion loan to allow it to remain in place for the duration of its proposed merger with Glencore International Plc. (BBG)
* NESTLE: Nestle SA, the world’s biggest food company, reported 2011 sales growth that beat analysts’ estimates and forecast higher 2012 earnings as it introduces products such as the Nescafe Alegria coffee maker. (BBG)
* CAP GEMINI: Cap Gemini, the French computer-services company that competes with International Business Machines Corp., forecast higher operating profit margin this year amid “limited” revenue growth, after beating analyst estimates in 2011. (BBG)
* SANTANDER: Santander is considering making IPO of its Mexican subsidiary. (Cincodias).
* TETRAGON FINANCIAL: Officers and directors of the investment firm that buys collateralized loan obligations won dismissal of an investor’s lawsuit claiming they used an “abusive scheme” to profit at the company’s expense. (BBG
* BANCO POPULAR / BANCO PASTOR: The Pastor shareholders that did not want to accept the IPO of Popular will have to sell its shares under the same conditions as the other 96.44% of the shareholders did. (Cincodias)
* EDF: Electricite de France SA, Europe’s biggest power generator, said 2011 profit rose after nuclear output increased. Net income advanced to 3.01 billion euros ($3.92 billion) from 1 billion euros a year earlier when the utility made provisions on Italian and U.S. operations, EDF said today in a statement. (BBG)
* AKZO NOBEL: Akzo Nobel NV forecast higher expenses tied to an overhaul this year, as the world’s biggest paintmaker pushes to boost 2012 profit by 200 million euros ($260 million) with the help of cost cuts. (BBG)
* RENAULT: Renault SA, France’s second-largest carmaker, reported flat profit for 2011 as sales in Europe declined for a fourth year and price competition increased. (BBG)
* PERNOD: Pernod Ricard SA, France’s biggest distiller, reported first-half profit that beat estimates and raised its annual earnings forecast as Chinese consumers increased purchases of spirits such as Martell cognac. (BBG)
* GIVAUDAN: Givaudan plans to increase prices further after higher raw-material costs hurt profitability. The gross margin fell to 42.6 percent last year from 46.1percent a year earlier, the Vernier, Switzerland-based company said today in a statement. (BBG)
* BAE SYSTEMS: BAE Systems said profit last year fell amid lower orders of combat vehicles to the U.S. and a delay to price fighter aircraft for Saudi Arabia. (BBG)
* UPGRADES: New China Life (Credit Suisse). Acer, Great Eagle, Sino Land (JPM). Bharat Petroleum, Hindustan Petro, ABSA (HSBC). Associated British Foods (MS). Klepierre (Goldman). (BBG)
* DOWNGRADES: Enel (JPM). CSN, Vale (Credit Suisse), Housing Development & Infrastructure, Carl Zeiss (HSBC). Country Garden, Dongfeng Motor, President Chain Store, Hyundai Steel, Erste Bank, Raiffeisen, OTP, BCP (UBS). Rheinmetall (Citi). Tate & Lyle (MS). Deutsche Boerse (Barclays). CareTech (Goldman). BNP Paribas (SocGen). (BBG)
* CORPORATE DIARY: Nestlé FY Results, EDF FY Results, Zurich Financial Services FY Results, Pernod Ricard H1 Results, Saint Gobain FY Results, Synthes Inc FY Results, Reed Elsevier plc FY Results, Reed Elsevier NV FY Results, BAE SYSTEMS FY Results, Renault SA FY Results, Akzo Nobel FY Results, Technip Q4 Results, Kingfisher Q4 Trading Statement, Givaudan H2 Results, Solvay Q4 Results, EUTELSAT Communications H1 Sales, Randstad Q4 Results, Capgemini FY Results, Kabel Deutschland Q3 Results, Corio FY Results, Banque Cantonale Vaudoise H2 Results, Telenet Group FY Results, Ratos Q4 Results, Icade SA FY Results, Schibsted ASA FY Results, Fred Olsen Energy Q4 Results, TF1 FY Results, Halma Trading, Ladbrokes FY Results, Vontobel H2 Results, Banco Pastor Q4 Results, Kungsleden AB FY Results.
* MACRO DIARY: EC – EU 25 New Car Registrations (7:00), ECB Publishes Feb. Monthly Report (9:00), IT – Trade Balance (9:00), Current Account (10:00), US – PPI, Jobless Claims, Housing Starts, Building Permits (13:30), Bloomberg Consumer Comfort (14:45), Mortgage Delinquencies, MBA Mortgage Foreclosures (15:00). Speakers: Fed’s Bernanke (14:00), Fed’s Kamin (15:00).