* GREECE: Today’s proposed Eurogroup meeting was cancelled last night due to Greece’s failure to agree to the bailout terms being imposed upon it. Additionally, there are reports of divisions within the Eurozone about whether Athens should be trusted with another bailout (FT).
* GERMANY: The German economy shrank less than economists forecast in the fourth quarter, adding to signs it may avoid a recession even as the sovereign debt crisis prompts governments and households across Europe to cut spending. (BBG)
* VODAFONE: The world’s largest mobile-phone company said it’s “very disappointed” by the U.K. Competition Commission’s decision to bring forward mobile-phone termination rate cuts by one year. The move will harm consumers as it will become unsustainable for operators to “continue subsidizing the high cost of mobile handsets for pay-as-you-go users,” Vodafone said in an e-mailed statement. (BBG)
* DANONE: Danone, the world’s biggest yogurt maker, reported a 4.5 percent gain in 2011 earnings, helped by increased revenue from infant nutrition and bottled water products. (BBG)
* BNP: BNP Paribas SA, France’s largest bank, said fourth-quarter profit fell 51 percent, hurt by writedowns on Greek sovereign debt and losses from disposing of European government bonds. (BBG)
* ENI: Eni SpA, Italy’s largest energy producer, reported a decline in profit in the fourth quarter as field closures in Libya cut output. Adjusted net income dropped to 1.54 billion euros ($2 billion) from 1.72 billion euros a year earlier, the Rome-based company said today in a statement. That beat analyst estimates of 1.52 billion euros. (BBG)
* PEUGEOT: PSA Peugeot Citroen, Europe’s second-biggest carmaker, plans the sale of about 1.5 billion euros ($1.98 billion) in assets after a contraction in the region’s auto market caused profit to fall last year. (BBG)
* CLARIANT: Clariant 4Q ebitda ex. items SF241m vs avg. of 5 analyst ests. SF201.6m (Vara consensus of 18 ests. as of Feb. 3 SF199m). Clariant AG, which made its biggest ever takeover in April, said it may sell or find other strategic options for business units generating 1 billion Swiss francs ($1.09 billion) in revenue as it moves away from commodity products. (BBG)
* SVENSKA: Svenska Handelsbanken AB, Sweden’s second-largest lender, posted a 5 percent increase in fourth-quarter profit after reporting higher interest income and lower loan losses. (BBG)
* HEINEKEN: Heineken NV, the world’s third-biggest brewer, reported annual profit that beat estimates and unveiled new cost-saving targets amid increased expenses for making beers including Desperados and Amstel.(BBG)
* TUI: The owner of Europe’s largest travel company will further reduce its stake in Hapag-Lloyd AG. Albert Ballin, a Hamburg-based investor group, will buy a 17.4 percent stake in the shipping line from TUI by June 29 for 475 million euros ($624 million). (BBG)
* CARL ZEISS MEDITEC: The German maker of medical lasers and surgery products was cut to sell from buy at DZ Bank. (BBG)
* UPGRADES: Reject Shop (Nomura). Fidelity National Info (JPM). Essar Energy, Japex (MS). DP World (Credit Suisse). NRJ Group (HSBC). Haulotte Group (SocGen). Copa Holdings (Barclays). (BBG)
* DOWNGRADES: Tokyo Tatemono, Dowa Holdings (Nomura). Beazley PLC, Egypt’s CIBank, ITV, Mediaset, Antena 3, TF1 (DB). Ayala Corp, Uralkali, Acron (Credit Suisse). Asiainfo-Linkage, Reliance Power, Dia, Meyer Burger Technology, Ocado (UBS). Hannover Re, Virgin Media (MS). Aberdeen Asset, Publicis (HSBC). Intercontinental Hotels Group, BBVA (Exane). Exco Resources, Zynga (Barclays). ThyssenKrupp, Gazprom (BofA). Enagas (SocGen) (BBG)
* CORPORATE DIARY: Eni Q4 & Preliminary Results, BNP Paribas FY Results, Teva Pharmaceuticals FY Results, Danone FY Results, Heineken FY Results, Swisscom FY Results, Handelsbanken Q4 Results, Heineken Holding N.V. FY Results, Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Company S.A Q4 Results, Voestalpine AG Q3 Results, Peugeot SA FY Results, BIC Group FY Results, Imerys FY Results, Clariant FY Results, St Galler Kantonalbank H2 Results, Nice Systems Limited Q4 Results, PagesJaunes Groupe FY Results, Premier Foods FY Results.
* MACRO DIARY: FR – GDP (6:30), GE – GDP (7:00), IT – GDP, General Government Debt (9:00), UK – Jobless Claims, Average Weekly Earnings, ILO Unemployment Rate (9:30), EC – EuroZone GDP, Trade Balance (10:00), UK – Bank of England Inflation Report (10:30), US – MBA Mortgage Applications (12:00), Revisions CPI, Empire Manufacturing (13:30), TIC Flows (14:00), Industrial Production, Capacity Utilization (14:15), NAHB Housing Market Index (15:00), Minutes of FOMC Meeting (19:00). Speakers: Bank of Italy Releases Dec Public Finance Supplement (10:00), BoE’s King (10:30), Fed’s Fisher (14:15).