* WACKER CHEMIE: MISS on FY numbers, 2% on sales, 5% on EBITDA and 20% on EPS (mainly due to one offs). FY sales were €4.91bn +3% y/y and EBITDA €1.1bn -8% y/y. Clear negative was on demand (poly and semi divisions both down c30% y/y. However margins in polysilicon (clean EBITDA margin of 40% in Q4 2011) is reassuring.

* SANTANDER: According to Expansion, the Bank could be planning to IPO its US consumption division. Their stake in the company is 65% after they sold the other 35% in October with gains of €1000m. (ElEconomista)

* H&M: full year results are small miss at PBT level, in line EPS with lower tax rate. Current trade has improved but there will be additional markdowns. Q4 PBT was SEK 6.8bn vs UBS SEK 7.3bn. Gross margin was 61.9% vs 62.7%.
* BANKIA: The Spanish lender said in a filing it sold Tasamadrid for 10.8 million euros ($14.2 million), making a capital gain of 5 million euros. (BBG)

* TECHNIP: The oil services company won a turnkey contract worth more than 900 million euros from a subsidiary of OAO Lukoil (LKOH RX) for the engineering, procurement and construction of a hydrocracking complex in Burgas, Bulgaria. Technip’s share of the contract is worth about 600 million euros. (BBG)

* UPGRADES: Ternium, Dr Pepper, McBride (Goldman). Lufthansa (Nomura). KBC, Natixis, Fraport, Smiths Group (MS). Netflix (Citi). Daily Mail & General, UBM, Spirit Put, Equity Residential (Barclays). (BBG)

* DOWNGRADES: Orascom (DB). Gold Fields, Randgold Resources, Chesapeake, Grupo Catalana (JPM). Givaudan, Lanxess, Linde, BASF, Clariant, Umicore, Oma (HSBC). Covance (Goldman). Aeroports de Paris, AP Moller Maersk, Firstgroup, Panalpina, TNT Express, PostNL, Ryanair (Nomura). SocGen, Credit Agricole, Aeroports de Paris (MS). Xstrata, MDC Holdings, ADP, Meredith (Citi). Antofagasta (SocGen). Melia Hotels International (Exane). Chemring (Credit Suisse). BSkyB, Vivendi, Apollo Commercial, British Sky, Excel Trust, Macerich (Barclays). Cooper Industries (UBS). Mersen (BofA). Novartis (Natixis). (BBG)

* CORPORATE DIARY: H & M Q4 Results, Anglo American Q4 Production Results, Nokia Q4 Results, Kone Q4 Results, Svenska Cellulosa Q4 Results, SKF B Q4 Results, Kazakhmys Plc Q4 Production Results, Smith & Nephew Read-through from US peers, Getinge AB Q4 Results, JCDecaux Q4 Sales, Banco de Sabadell Q4 Results, Lonmin AGM, Straumann, Nobel Biocare Read-through from Zimmer results, easyJet Q1 Results, Mitchells & Butlers AGM, Misys H1 Results, Logitech Q3 Results, Euromoney Institutional Investor AGM, BPI Q4 Results

* MACRO DIARY: FR – Consumer Confidence Indicator (7:45), IT – Consumer Confidence Indicator (9:00), UK – CBI Reported Sales (11:00), US – Chicago Fed Nat Activity Index, Durable Goods, Jobless Claims (13:30), Bloomberg Consumer Comfort (14:45), New Home Sales (15:00).